Q. How Does Requesting an Item Work?
What are hold requests?
How can one be placed?
- Request books and other library materials if you would like to check them out or use them in in the library.
- Library staff will retrieve the items and they will be held for you at the circulation desk for up to 2 weeks.
- Please allow up to 24 hours for your request to be processed and become available. You will receive an email notice when your items become available.
- Bring your Marist ID card to the circulation desk to check out the items.
Instructions for placing a Hold Request
1) Search for a book or other item by title or subject in FoxHunt. Click on either the title or availability line for a resource on the search results screen.
2) Sign in by clicking on the red Sign in link on the sign-in bar on the Display Services page.
3) Click on the red Request link.
4) Click on Send Request.
5) A confirmation notice will appear when the request is successfully placed.